3 tank setup - 29g dt, 10g fug, 10g sump....... what do you think?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

10galNewb

AC Members
Apr 4, 2007
So I just moved across the country and had to tear down my two tanks. I had a 29gal top fin and a 10gal top fin both freshwater. I was thinking about doing a FOWLR in my 29 gal and having it over flow to a 10 gal fug which overflows into a 10 gal sump.

do you think this would work? does anyone know of any plans or articles i could view on a 3 tank setup like this? The movers haven't made it with my stuff yet so I have time to plan its just an idea right now. Any suggestions or ideas are welcome. Thanks in advance

fsn77

AC Moderators
Staff member
Feb 22, 2006
SC
Our 90g (display) reef is a 3 tank set-up. The 90g drain is split so that approximately 2/3 of the water drains into a 15g sump and the other 1/3 drains into a 20g refugium (the 15g sump and 20g refugium sit side-by-side in the bottom of the standard, commercially available stand for the 90g). The 20g refugium is drilled in the side near the top to allow water to drain into the return pump chamber of the 15g sump. The 20g refugium is raised slightly above the top of the 15g sump, so the drain in the 20g refugium simply gravity feeds into the 15g sump.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store