king betta?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

fishdude92

AC Members
Jun 27, 2005
so i went to my local petco and saw these new bettas they had in, they called them king betta. These bettas were HUGE maybe like 3-4 inches and were structured like a plakat.
so im just wondering is it the giant bettas or from what ive heard a species called betta raja?

marinkafuschia

AC Members
Oct 21, 2008
Olympia, WA
wow great find! the giant bettas are supposed to be community fish, you can even keep the males together! thats what I've heard anyways.

HannahJ

Starving Student
Dec 3, 2008
College Station, Texas
Yeah the PetCo in my college town has them, and only a dollar or so more than the normal bettas. They are truly massive. I'm tempted to get one, except that I already have a male betta and don't want to start setting up betta tanks everywhere again (been down that road before, and it is a hard one to come back from). Wouldn't work in any of my tanks, either, so tragic. :p

fishdude92

AC Members
Jun 27, 2005
Yeah the PetCo in my college town has them, and only a dollar or so more than the normal bettas. They are truly massive. I'm tempted to get one, except that I already have a male betta and don't want to start setting up betta tanks everywhere again (been down that road before, and it is a hard one to come back from). Wouldn't work in any of my tanks, either, so tragic. :p
hmm...the ones here they were selling it for 15 bucks a fish

HannahJ

Starving Student
Dec 3, 2008
College Station, Texas
Haha, maybe I should start reselling them online, turn a profit. :p

wataugachicken

The Dancing Banana
Jul 14, 2005
Charlotte, NC
okay, i'm heading to petco this week. i like giant bettas.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store