angel numbers

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

chipstahoy

i like herps...and fish
Oct 17, 2003
michigan
www.msu.edu
i have a 35 hex and im trying to acquire a breeding pair of angels. i currently have 7 angels, most of which are bigger than a half doller. is this ok? im thinking that once i get a pair (ive been waiting for about a year now) i'll move those two to a different tank. if i get another pair, ill move them to yet another tank. what do you guys think?

-chip

Deb2

AC Members
Jun 4, 2002
Folsom, CA
Visit site
That will be too many angels for that tank when they are adults, which they should be close to now. You should leave the pair in the 35 and get a larger, 50 gallon, for the rest. You can compensate by doing more frequent water changes, but once you end up with a pair the other fish in the tank will probably be terrorized.

chipstahoy

i like herps...and fish
Oct 17, 2003
michigan
www.msu.edu
right...im planning on moving the pair or the other fish once i get a pair!. the problem is that i havent gotten one yet, and im beginning to lose hope. i hear all these stories about people getting pairs by accidnet and they only have 2 or 3 angels, and here i am with 7 and i cant get one. what the junk?

-chip

demon_surfer

MooOOoOOOoO
Jan 28, 2003
Visit site
reading youve been wating a long time for a pair I had a thought. Aside from they are too young, do you have the appropriate breeding surfaces? angelfish like to have large flat upright surfaces. Amazon sword leaves are good for this or you can prop up a piece of slate against something else (make sure its secure)

if you already know all this sorry but I wanted to make sure! :)

chipstahoy

i like herps...and fish
Oct 17, 2003
michigan
www.msu.edu
yeah, i already know about the right surfaces and everything. i have pvc pipe in there, along with some slate. ive also heard of angels breeding on the intake tube or even the glass sometimes. i also have some nice anubias leaves that would work well for spawning. i still need a pair tho...

-chip

Deb2

AC Members
Jun 4, 2002
Folsom, CA
Visit site
Pretty fish. They look like they should be pairing up soon. Just be patient and the fish will do the rest. I know some people get pairs when they are fairly young but I have not had that experience. I find that they pair up when full grown, about 5 inches.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store