Sphagnum Moss for background??

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Agent_Scully

AC Oscar Club Member #1
Jul 9, 2008
Georgia
I was reading somewhere today that if you get spagnum (it may be peat but I don't know) moss really wet it sticks to glass to make a background.

Has anyone tried or heard of this?

Also, i decided on the false bottom with a water fall feature. Does anyone have any input on what to layer the egg crate with?

DAVIDFBT

Extinct? Since when?
Feb 3, 2008
Great Lakes, Illinois
Real Name
Definitely not David
I think I was the one who told you that, becaus eI do have that same thing going on. The picture of my plaudarium I posted in your previous thread shows how the sphagnum moss sticks to the back and left sides. All you have to do is get moss that's wet enough to squeeze and it holds its shape, but not too wet that water runs out of it. Get a handful of the moist moss, pile it up on the bottom of the wall you want covered, pack it down so it holds its shape, then work from the bottom up until you have the whole wall covered.

Good luck with your background!

Agent_Scully

AC Oscar Club Member #1
Jul 9, 2008
Georgia
LOL I realized you were the one that told me right after I posted! Thank you soooo much! You've been such an inspiration!!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store