Big boys for a 75g?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Corax

Temporarily risen from the dead..
Nov 14, 2001
I'm interested in putting 2-3 big cichlids in my 75g.

some I've considered:

oscars - nice, but everyone has oscars..
jack dempsey - nice too, a maybe
severum - nice, but kind of boring to watch. kind of like fat discus..
jaguar - love one, but they get too big for a 75g..
convicts - very interesting..

Any others suggestions?

The tank will be empty when I start adding these guys.. It has a Rena XP3, a sand substrate and a few large pieces of driftwood..

Lexi_D

is *Magic*
Nov 25, 2007
PA
watershedrussiantortoise.blogspot.com
Perhaps a flowerhorn or midas cichlid? Your other options for your list are: several convicts OR one oscar OR 1-2 JD's OR a few sevs.

Corax

Temporarily risen from the dead..
Nov 14, 2001
don't like Flowerhorns and I thought a midas was along the lins of a jaguar as far as size goes? not a huge fan of them, but it's worth a look I guess..

and yeah, my list wasn't meant to say I want ALL of those.. That'd be insane within a couple years..

what about firemouths?

frogman5

AC Members
Oct 28, 2008
firemouths are pretty cool but not that big...if i were you i would do a nice red devil very cool fish

Pittbull

ALL BOW DOWN TO THE FIN GODS
Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
Firemouths and cutteri would make for a sweet setup..

Say about 6 to 7 firemouths and 4 to 5 cutteri, the reds from the firemouth would look sweet with the blue eyes of the cutteri and the yellow hues.. but these arent large fish by no means but would be cool..

Good luck buddy..

inkyjenn

AC Members
Jun 15, 2008
southern california
i dunno. i enjoy the heck out of my convicts. lots of personality and are active. mine recognize me as the source of food, so when they see me they come straight to the front of the tank and chase me around

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store