WOW What a christmas present!!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

BigFishKeeper

Host of Aquatic Wetline Podcast
Feb 23, 2008
Springfield Mass USA
www.blogtalkradio.com
Real Name
Aqua Alex Cardinale
Hello, all long time no see. Well anyways for christmas I got a gift card to one of my favorite lfs. So they had a lot of cool fish in there. I was going to get some sevs but I saw some fish that I just had to have. This fish was a 9'' fire eel. Hes in my big tank with a arowana and a few others. The only problem is I have had him for a week and he hasn't eaten. So I am going to try shrimp. I love fire eels now. I had one In August but he pasted away so I just had to have another. I also picked up some koi, fancy goldfish, and a channel cat to go in my 75.
Pics to come!!!!!!
Alex

rill2004

AC Members
Nov 19, 2008
Georgia, USA
can't wait to see pics either.

I also like that you are a bucs fan!!!

Thanks for sharing!!

Krista

Coler

AC Members
Jan 30, 2007
Well...I don't know why you'd buy a channel cat but eh oh well.

As regards the eel, they are notoriously difficult to get feeding and are very shy and easily stressed. What exactly is in with him (the arrowana and what else ?) Also do you know the scientific name ?

BigFishKeeper

Host of Aquatic Wetline Podcast
Feb 23, 2008
Springfield Mass USA
www.blogtalkradio.com
Real Name
Aqua Alex Cardinale
Well...I don't know why you'd buy a channel cat but eh oh well.

As regards the eel, they are notoriously difficult to get feeding and are very shy and easily stressed. What exactly is in with him (the arrowana and what else ?) Also do you know the scientific name ?
Ok in the tank with him is the aro, 2 lima shovelnoses, a rtcxtsn, a channel cat, a oscar, and a bala shark. I don't know his scientific name I just bought him as a fire eel. Pics are in the photo lounge.

jpappy789

Plants need meat too
Feb 18, 2007
Gainesville, FL
Real Name
Josh
I also picked up some koi, fancy goldfish, and a channel cat to go in my 75.
I seriously hope you have a personal lake in your back yard, for the sake of those fish...

I don't understand how you can keep buying fish when you don't have proper homes for your other fish at the moment...

DAVIDFBT

Extinct? Since when?
Feb 3, 2008
Great Lakes, Illinois
Real Name
Definitely not David
Why did you buy a Koi fish knowing that it will grow to 2' long and will not be able to turn around in a 75 gallon tank? I agree with jpap, how can you buy fish and not have the right tanks for your other fish? And don't give me that, "Oh, but he'll take 4 years to grow to his maximum size so I have plenty of time to upgrade the tank whenever he's too big." It's time to stop buying fish and spend that money building a huge heated pond in your backyard.

abcdefghi

AC Members
Jun 6, 2007
I seriously hope you have a personal lake in your back yard, for the sake of those fish...

I don't understand how you can keep buying fish when you don't have proper homes for your other fish at the moment...
The same has been said to the OP many many many times before...brick walls are more responsive to advice.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store