hemorrhagic septicemia

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

g. mcclean

AC Members
Mar 26, 2003
new jersey
Visit site
I am repeating this post because I was so excited to get such a quick and accurate answer. Again, thanks Orion Girl. Now to continue my question. Do you have a recommendation as to choice of antibiotic, and will it harm sea mat corals? For background to readers who did not see the original post, my yellow tang came down with rusty blotches which were accurately diagnosed as hemorrhagic septicemia.

kreblak

FDA approval pending
Mar 13, 2003
Since I don't know which thread you'll read first, I'll repost my answer to your other thread:

Do NOT treat your main tank with an antibiotic! Antibiotics will kill bacteria, both bad bacteria hurting your fish, and good bacteria in your substrate which process ammonia and nitrites. If you use an antibiotic in your main tank, you will kill off your biofilter, and ammonia and nitrite will become a problem, making your fish even sicker or simply killing them outright. Use a bare quarantine tank to treat with antibiotics, and perform frequent water changes to deal with ammonia and nitrites.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store