GSP not eating:(

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

LEROY84

Registered Member
Dec 25, 2008
Hey, for the past three days my GSP has seemed very uninterested in eating. I feed him frozen brine shrimp w/ spirulina. My other puffer is a little larger than my GSP and he is eating fine. They don't battle over the food, as I cut the cube into two pieces and put them at either corner of the tank to avoid that occuring. It has worked up until now but now my GSP will go to the surface where the food is and just avoid eating it? Even when the brine shrimp are floating around he will go up to them but not eat them. I have tried feeding snails to them but they don't want to have anything to do with them. I also tried ghost shrinp but my marble goby snatches them up as soon as they hit the bottom. Any suggestions as to what to do to get him to eat would be helpful.
-Thanks, Steve.

saram521

AC Members
May 10, 2008
Georgia
www.aquariacentral.com
Real Name
Sara
One possible reason your puffer isn't eating is that its quality of health is compromised. What are the readings for nitrates, nitrites and ammonia in your tank? What all is living with this one puffer? Could the salinity level be unstable? Have you changed or added anything in the tank?

inkyjenn

AC Members
Jun 15, 2008
southern california
ok, you didnt answer any of the questions. finickiness is one thing, but consistent not eating is another. if this happens for more than a few hours, you need to give those parameters in order for anyone to help you.

second, your puffer needs a lot more than just brine shrimp to keep him healthy and happy. i recommend you take a good look at thepufferforum.com for good advice on care and feeding requirements of green spot puffers

LEROY84

Registered Member
Dec 25, 2008
Yeah eveything is where it should be, all levels fine and took a look at that site, very helpful.

Pufferpunk

AC Members
Mar 22, 2002
Chicago
www.thepufferforum.com
Real Name
Jeni
If your other puffer isn't a GSP, what species is it?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store