FREE FREE: 29g FW 'planted' setup

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
Status
Not open for further replies.

r20crazy

Registered Member
Jan 2, 2009
I know many forums frown on 1st posts being in the classifides section, but I am taking this setup down to make room for a larger SW setup. I have had this tank setup for about 7 years with no issues, except my recent neglect due to my bigger interests in SW tanks (I have 3 nanos of 10g or less) and the setup to replace the FW listed here will be 37g. This may be my only post on this forum, but I am WELL established on other saltwater forums (no names listed as not sure of the rules here) but I can tell you in pm's or similar if needed. anyway, here it is:

PICKUP ONLY in 90501, torrance ca. NO SHIPPING. Prefer all goes at once, but if livestock go 1st will consider partining out the rest.

Please PM me or post here and I'll reply. would like this gone by monday 1/5/09 at the latest.(sunday may be difficult as I have lakers tickets)

details:
1)pickup in 90501 ONLY (bring you own buckets/containers)
2) NO STAND, you must have your own
3) 29g glass tank AGA (from petsmart), 30" long by 12"deep by
18" tall. ~7 years old, no leaks
4) eco complete substrate (needs refresh if want to do planted setup
like I had, as its over a year old.
5) decorations from petsmart of 'ruins'
6) stickon background double sided
7) 100W heater ( i would NOT reuse, due to be replaced after 6 years
service)
8) HOB (hang on back) whisper 30 filter. have fiter media, but need
cartrages for it.
9)FISH:, 7 red eye tetras, chineese algae eater, another algae eater
(name I cant remember) cherry barb, small red pally, LARGE plecto (like
6-7")
10) lighting/hood: have stock hood that comes with tank kit and stock
flurecent lighting with 2 bulbs. also have a seperate glass hood with hindged lid.
11*) for $20 you can have a 30", 65W PC fixture with legs (Current
USA Satalite with lunar light) with a single 10k/6700k bulb [used, needs replaced if want to do planted]
12*) for $25 you can have the 5w submarriner UV light to fight algae. bulb was replace in jan 08, due every year like the PC bulb isted above. 5w with integrated powerhead and foam filter (needs new suction cups)
13*) for $10 you can have the CO2 system (red sea max( with powerhead))
not sure if I have any refils for it or nor, but can check. works fine.
14) any and all misc chemicals/fertilizers for FW I can find are
included, including gravel cleaner.
15) if you are close by I am wiling to help transport and setup

NOTES: 1) ' * ' items are NOT included for free. I plan on keeping them, but if someone wants will sell

2) fish fins are a bit tattered due to an ammonia spike I missed (again tank has been 'neglected' a bit) have been treating with 'MelaFix' for past 3 days so should be cleared up.

here's a pic of how the tank looked a year ago. there are currently no plants left. Lighting that may be seen in pic is NOT included for free.

again, hope this post doesn't violate anything as it is for free, just want my animals to go to a good home and not the LFS.

r20crazy

Registered Member
Jan 2, 2009
xpirt: have a PM reply before you. if that falls throu will let you know ASAP. (if you want to pm me your # so I can let you know if/when its picked-up)

those interested again: BYOB (bring your own buckets)

will post up a current tank pic in a few mins.

NO plants. well there's 3 NUBS in the substrate, but they are FAR from plants.

p.s. if you want a few miller Lites @ pickup they are on me.

fordtrannyman: you have dibs. pm returned

Last edited:

r20crazy

Registered Member
Jan 2, 2009
yes. it is a single 65w unit with moon light. works fine. let me see if I have pic saved. if not wait till camera recharges for pic.... let me check photo account....

will need cleaned. HAS legs. clear plastic 'shield' is a bit loose (slides in and out easily) but does not affect opperation. last used on SW setup, so will need cleaning due to salt creep. bulb will need replaced, but again works fine.

REFLECTOR was 'trimmed' to accept another lunar light mounted inside the plastic shield. NEVER seen unlees looked for and doesn't affect opperation (pics if needed)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store