what happens?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

88 hatchback

AC Members
Nov 3, 2007
what happens to a fish when it gets stung by an anemone? I have two anemone in my tank....

several small fish and 1 three inch tang.... (for now)

what happens to a fish if it gets stung? how long does it take before they recuperate?

Ace25

www.centralcoastreefclub. com
Oct 3, 2005
www.centralcoastreefclub.com
What happens is it paralizes the fish instantly.. then usually at that point since it was stung, the tentacle the stung the fish is usually still holding onto it, then it will pull it into its mouth and eat it.. Lost a very nice McCoskers flasher wrasse to my anemone once and watched it happen right in front of me. Usually fish know to stay away, but in my case I was using a mag float to clean the glass and just happened to scare the wrasse and it swam right into a tentacle on the anemone. Just the 5 seconds it took for me to realize what happened and throw my hand in the tank to try and save it was too slow.. as soon as it happened the anemone was curling around the fish and no way to get it out.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store