Victorian cichlids

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

LadyBarbara001

Victorian addict
Jun 30, 2008
San Antonio, Texas
My main focus is Victorian cichlids. I keep 7 species of Vics.

I don't know how much interest there is in Victorians on this site...but thought I'd post a couple of pictures.

I've found them very easy to care for, both diet and water requirements being simple. A few species I keep are fairly aggressive, but mainly it is conspect aggression.

With the problems in Lake Victoria, and the endangered status of a lot of these fish, I enjoy the breeding that I get from these fish.

Paralabidochromis Chromogynos

Picture 224 edit.jpg

Picture 205.jpg

Ptyochromis Salmon

Picture 213.jpg

Picture 218.jpg

Picture 224 edit.jpg Picture 205.jpg Picture 213.jpg Picture 218.jpg

noodles62

Just Noods......
Apr 17, 2008
WNC
Real Name
Dawn
Very nice! I am not familiar with the Victorians so it is nice to see them! They are pretty....

noodles62

Just Noods......
Apr 17, 2008
WNC
Real Name
Dawn
Your "favorite" is stunning! :grinyes:

LadyBarbara001

Victorian addict
Jun 30, 2008
San Antonio, Texas
Thanks, I live in an area that has a lot of species of these rare cichlids. I'm lucky to be able to keep some.

My goal is to help distribute these fish more into the hobby.

LadyBarbara001

Victorian addict
Jun 30, 2008
San Antonio, Texas
Thanks!! The Neochromis is so hard to get good pictures of. He is very active. His females are orange blotch, which gives that tank a lot of color. One of his females is releasing fry now, so he is lonely without his girls. I removed all the females when this one was holding, because the last time one female was murdered.

I'm supposed to be getting more of the Neochromis next weekend...make a huge colony of them!

LadyBarbara001

Victorian addict
Jun 30, 2008
San Antonio, Texas
Once I get some full breeding going, I hope to spread the fry far and wide. I'd love to get people interested in keeping these fish, breeding and passing them along.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store