yes i'm nuts

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

gthumbus

AC Members
Dec 31, 2008
does anyone know of a company that sells glass or plexie that would hold back 7000 gallons with a 4 by 8 vewing. i'm going to build a tank in one room and have the veiw window into my greatroom. and yes i know i'm nuts but thats the only way to be.:help2:

red_wall

Whoosh! feel the onomatopoeia
Jun 15, 2008
SE Georgia
does anyone know of a company that sells glass or plexie that would hold back 7000 gallons with a 4 by 8 vewing. i'm going to build a tank in one room and have the veiw window into my greatroom. and yes i know i'm nuts but thats the only way to be.:help2:
I'd check the phone books, call a (glass maker? ehh, idk) glass guy and ask if he can refer someone who can do it, or if he can do it.

Robert04

Aspiring Self Proclaimed Expert
Dec 31, 2008
I don't personally but I have a friend who works at a glass manufacturing plant.. I'll ask him for you.. Though I would immagine you could call any glass place that handles exotic glasses and what not.. Some places only specialize in car windsheilds and windows.... I live in canada so If I find something out it might not be of any use anyways. Anywho good luck in your hunt.

gthumbus

AC Members
Dec 31, 2008
thanks the local glass guys only know window glass couldn't help i might ask at the zoo next time i go.

Nolapete

Monster Tank Builder
May 29, 2007
New Orleans, LA
No, you can't use glass for that size. You have have to go acrylic. Well, you could go glass, but it would probably be 2" or more thick, weigh a ton and cost your right kidney and some other body parts.

gthumbus

AC Members
Dec 31, 2008
hay thanks guys i just found a company in las vegas "arcylic tank manufacturing that looks like they could do the job.

PumpkinPie

AC Members
Dec 27, 2008
What does one put in a 7000 gallon tank in a house?

gthumbus

AC Members
Dec 31, 2008
i,m going to make it all native fish "arkansas" and then try to keep my buddys from fishing for trophy fish in it.lol

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store