Preparing vegetable matter

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

NJ Devils Fan

#1 Devils fan
Oct 28, 2002
Yonkers, NY
members.tripod.com
You could, but its not really a big deal. If you don't though, they go all around in your tank. It's up to you. you should try feeding spinich because it has more vitamines then lettuce. Also, plecos love zeuchini(sp?)

aquariaddictus

occasional user
Aug 17, 2002
STL MO
I take a good sized slice of cuke and zap it in the microwave for 30 - 45 seconds. Then I weight it down with a lock-tie through a lead sinker. I don't take the seeds out, actually a lot of my other fish will eat them. I don't do lettuce either - no nutrition there, agree with the spinach.
judy

Skippy

Grand Poobah of Fun
Aug 22, 2000
Dallas, TX
web.of.slacking.net
I use Zuchinni (sp?) and my plecos, ottos, and SURPRISINGLY my clown loaches, all seem to love it.

Slice in half and Chop up into chunks.
Boil for about 1 min, then
attach to rock for weight.
Put left overs in a ziplock and freeze them for serving later. Not need to heat them up, just put em in frozen.

BK

AC Members
Apr 29, 2001
WI
members.aol.com
I always feed my plecs cucumbers and they always eat it in a day or two, but the other day my dad put a chunk of zucchini in the tank and they ate it completely gone skin and all by 8:00 the next morning!!! And it was suction cupped only 5 inches from the top of my 120-gallon tank were they rarely venture. I have found that some plecs (with varying amounts of intrest) also like Collard greens, sweet potatoes, yellow squash, and cantaloupe.

Freezing them thawing will also soften Cucumbers and Zucchini. This works great if you cut them up in large batches for later feeding.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store