Fishless Ammonia Cycle-how long did it take your tank to cycle?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

FishJones

AC Members
Dec 20, 2008
Hey all, i'm doing the pure ammonia fishless cycle method and was wondering if people who have done the same method could tell me how long did it take for your tank to cycle? And how long did it take for Nitrites to show up? I'm 5 days in and haven't gotten any nitrites yet. Thanks for any help.

FishJones

AC Members
Dec 20, 2008
Just fake ones, added about 5 cups of gravel from an established tank, lol so much for that helping me speed it up

FishJones

AC Members
Dec 20, 2008
sorry not to mention- no nitrites and nitrates also. A cool guy on here IMed me and shared his results and so lol definitely learned it takes time for sure!! Thanks for your help sed, appreciate it

FishJones

AC Members
Dec 20, 2008
Thanks jpappy. I figured out that 15 droppers of ammonia produce the 5.0 ppm reading so I keep adding that every day, and will half it when I get nitrites. Did you do it that way also? Saw some articles and they said just adding the same amount of ammonia every day was more popular than adding the ammonia when it lowers.

Kashta

Always Niko's fault.....
Jun 24, 2008
USA West Coast
Real Name
Susan
Generally plan for this to take 3-8 weeks, overall. Here's a decent graph I found somewhere that illustrates the process.

n-cycle.gif

FishJones

AC Members
Dec 20, 2008
thanks Kashta and jpappy. I got a used filter pad from a friend today and stuck it into my filter so hope that helps. My ammonia now of course is dark green, should I keep putting the same ammonia amount in? No nitrites still. Thanks guys

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store