Skittish Cories

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Ronne

IAMCANADIAN
Nov 27, 2002
48.25'00"N, 123.22'00"S
Visit site
I have had 4 cories in a 50 gallon for about 2 weeks now. They are still very skittish when someone is near the tank. Is this normal or is there something I can do? There are plants and plenty of hiding spots for them. Should I get a few more to make them more comfortable, add more plants or just be patient? I watch them when the lights are out and they seem quite happy as they move around the tank. Thanks for any info!

NJ Devils Fan

#1 Devils fan
Oct 28, 2002
Yonkers, NY
members.tripod.com
No problem. For additional hiding places, you could try putting some clay pots in the tank, like the ones you would put plants in. They are nice decorations and good hiding places.

famman

AC Members
Aug 16, 2002
Los Angeles, CA
Corydoras definately like to be in groups of 6 or more. They also like things to hide under in the shade while they sleep during the day.
good luck
:)

famman

AC Members
Aug 16, 2002
Los Angeles, CA
Some cories are very nocturnal, other come out all day long. it partially depends on the individual cory personality.
My cories only come out during daylight when I turn the tank light off.
Once they get used to you, especially during feeding time, they'll start to come out more and more.
With more cories they are much more comfortable, but they also will 'panic' as a group. I walk into the room sometimes and all I see are cory tails diving for the back corner of the tank.
good luck
:)

Ronne

IAMCANADIAN
Nov 27, 2002
48.25'00"N, 123.22'00"S
Visit site
My cories will dive for cover but curiousity gets the better of them and they have to come back and check what scared them. My pleco seems to enjoy the company on the bottom, it's always swimming around with the cories or laying with them.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store