USPS Shipping Services January 18 Pricing Change

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Mgamer20o0

BobsTropicalPlants.com
Staff member
Jun 4, 2003
www.bobstropicalplants.com
On January 18 prices for Express Mail, Priority Mail, Parcel Select, Parcel Return Service, Global Express Guaranteed, Express Mail International, Priority Mail International, and M-Bags change. As always, we do not impose fuel surcharges, hidden surcharges, or surcharges for residential or Saturday delivery.

The move to January price changes for shipping services is consistent with industry standards and provides a clear picture of the affordable services we offer. Highlights for domestic shipping services include new Commercial Plus pricing, with up-front discounts for high-volume Express Mail and Priority Mail users. On average, Commercial Plus prices for Express Mail are 14.5 percent less than retail prices; Priority Mail Commercial Plus prices average 7 percent less. We are also introducing a new, smaller Priority Mail flat-rate box. The new box is priced the same as the flat-rate envelope and provides a great option for customers sending smaller items that require sturdy packaging and the convenience of flat rate pricing.

Prices for Express Mail and Priority Mail are designed to maintain the Postal Service’s competitive position as the best shipping value in the market, especially for packages weighing less than 5 pounds. The new prices also make Parcel Select, our “last mile” ground product, an even better value for high-volume shippers. For international mailers, Global Express Guaranteed, Express Mail International and Priority Mail International are the best value in global shipping.
New flat rate prices effective January 18, 2009
Flat Rate Envelopes and Boxes Retail Commercial Base Commercial Plus Priority Mail —

Envelope $4.95 $4.80 $4.75 Small box $4.95 $4.80 $4.75 Regular box $10.35 $9.85 $9.67 Large box $13.95 $13.50 $13.27 Large box (APO/FPO) $11.95 $11.50 $11.30 Express Mail —

Envelope $17.50 $16.63 $14.96

This pricing change is the first to separate shipping and mailing services. We will announce the price change for mailing services in February, including stamp prices, with new prices effective in May 2009.
http://www.usps.com/prices/pricechanges.htm?from=prices&page=newshippingprices

Bettacreek

AC Members
Apr 2, 2008
Central Pennsylvania
Heard about this a few days ago. :/ Can't wait until they actually get the definate pricing out for EVERYTHING.
Thanks for the reminder though. :)

vampie

AC Members
Oct 25, 2006
New York, NY
Yeah this does suck.
What're you talking about? This is awesome, price increases rock!

Though, the small-sized Flat Rate Box does intrigue me. I wonder how small it actually is.

Bettacreek

AC Members
Apr 2, 2008
Central Pennsylvania

Riiz

Apocalypse Pony
Apr 16, 2008
So Cal
Real Name
Eric
Mgamer, what Flat-rate box were you using this past summer/fall for plants, cause I dont remember seeing you quote any of the prices I see on the USPS site?

Bettacreek

AC Members
Apr 2, 2008
Central Pennsylvania
Most sellers also tack on delivery confirmation, some also add paypal fees to their shipping, so you won't find the exact price on the USPS page. The charges on the flat rate boxes are the absolute bare shipping. PLUS, if there was insulation and heat packs, etc, etc, it will bump the price more. It's only fair that the buyer pays for the heatpacks, delivery confirmation, etc.

vampie

AC Members
Oct 25, 2006
New York, NY
Well, that's certainly small. I was kinda hoping it'd be Box 4.

It's only fair that the buyer pays for the heatpacks, delivery confirmation, etc.
Which is exactly why I've changed my mind about including a heatpack on those fish I'm going to ship you.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store