Rosy Loach?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

jamesstill84

Curiosity salted the snail!
Jan 2, 2009
Winchester, Kentucky
Anyone know anything about the Rosy Loach?

Rosy loach, "Tuberoschistura arakanensis"

Would they eat Red Crystal Shrimp?

They're only supposed to be 1" long.

Dwarf Puffers

Dec 11, 2006
NS, Canada
I wouldn't think a full grow one could fit a newborn shrimp in its mouth.

Frank on Franksaquarium.com used to have them, they're not on his loach list now though. Otherwise I haven't the slightest clue.

jamesstill84

Jan 2, 2009
Winchester, Kentucky
They look pretty awesome and from the pictures I've seen, seem to perch on rocks and leaves like Oto's sometimes do.

Jeremy Smith

Lizard loachnut
May 18, 2006
ma
Loaches.com has some info on them from Martin. It seems they are so new that not much is known about them. I wouldn't think they would be able to eat the shrimp.
They do look neat though if I had the oportunity to get some. I would definatly setup a tank for them.

jamesstill84

Jan 2, 2009
Winchester, Kentucky
Where have you seen this loach for sale? They are very hard to get in the USA.
I personally haven't seen them for sale yet cause they're supposed to be new to the hobby. But Dwarf Puffers said that FranksAquarium.com used to have them, so we can only hope that they'll get them again in the future.

H3D

Philosopher
Aug 28, 2005
Ohio
I personally haven't seen them for sale yet cause they're supposed to be new to the hobby. But Dwarf Puffers said that FranksAquarium.com used to have them, so we can only hope that they'll get them again in the future.

I don't think you'll see them much in the future to be honest. I've been trying to get some for over 2 years.

Dwarf Puffers

Dec 11, 2006
NS, Canada
I don't think you'll see them much in the future to be honest. I've been trying to get some for over 2 years.

You can always try emailing him. He can usually get things back that he once had.

jamesstill84

Jan 2, 2009
Winchester, Kentucky
That sucks. They're really sweet and I would love to have them in my dwarf tank.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store