I HAVE WIGGLERS!!!!!!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

inkyjenn

AC Members
Jun 15, 2008
southern california
hehehehehehehehee

so far, about 7 have hatched out of no more than 30 eggs. ive just moved them from the breeder box in the sump to the breeder net in the tank. i put the eggs in the sump to keep them dark to cut down on the amount of fungus. i lost about 3/4 of the eggs due to infertility. but this is my peppered's first real spawn (they laid like 10 eggs a couple of months ago) so im not too chuffed. the remaining eggs clearly have embryos in them and should be hatching in the next day or two.

IM SO EXCITED!!!!

*dances*

inkyjenn

AC Members
Jun 15, 2008
southern california
im sitting in front of the breeder box watching more eggs hatch. on closer inspection, i way under estimated how many eggs i have. i think i have more like 40-50. theres now about 12 wigglers in the box. im so stoked. its nice getting extra fish for no extra $$$

inkyjenn

AC Members
Jun 15, 2008
southern california
also, i must say, seeing them develop has been fascinating! these little hatchlings are really very incomplete as of yet. they have tails and TINY little pectoral fins, but its almost impossible to see their eyes or mouths yet. how the heck do these guys survive in the wild?!

inkyjenn

AC Members
Jun 15, 2008
southern california
14 out of their eggs so far!

inkyjenn

AC Members
Jun 15, 2008
southern california

these are my newly hatched fry. you can see four of them against the green frame

inkyjenn

AC Members
Jun 15, 2008
southern california

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store