Cories won't sit still

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Serrateeth_2002

Godzilla
Nov 3, 2002
Singapore
Help,my cories are moving around,usually near the glass,i can't get them to be bottom feeders.Any suggestions?

JamisonBWolsh

I am what I am. Defender of truth!
Nov 1, 2002
Hawaii
Cories usually settle down after they had time to get acclimated to the tank. Are they new to your tank? How many do you have?

When I first got mine, they were all over my 60 gallon tank! they were the most active fish! I loved them.... Now, well, after a year, they settle down and hardly move.

Serrateeth_2002

Godzilla
Nov 3, 2002
Singapore
For a week,most of them sometimes sit still except one which has a mutation which affects it sight,it is eyeless,only a pair of empty eye sockets

JamisonBWolsh

I am what I am. Defender of truth!
Nov 1, 2002
Hawaii
Im not sure how long it took them to calm down..maybe a few weeks..now they just are Lazy :)

As for the blind one? dont know...never had one without eyes....what happened to it for it to get it like that? I do give you credit for not killing it because its eyeless...many poeple would have.

gcvt

Functional Aquaholic
Mar 15, 2001
SF, CA
www.motorworld.com
I had the same problem when I had three cories in my 5g betta tank. They'd dart all over the tank and shoot up the surface and back doen to the bottom real fast.

When my betta passed on :( I took down the 5g tank and I put the cories in my planted 55g. Suddenly, they began acting like normal cories.

Xclaw

AC Members
Oct 20, 2002
BC, Canada
I too have an eyeless cory, strange thing is that he is better at navigating than all the others and he's way fatter from eating more. It's quite uinteresting to watch him navigate around without eyes. Almost makes me think my corys with eyes are blind and the blind one is using a 6th sense of something.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store