coral beauty might have ich or stress

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

sgriffin760

AC Members
Jun 8, 2008
oceanside california
i just got a coral beauty nice looking fish does any one have pics of one with ich it has little white spots all over its body i hope its not ich how can i treat this with out messing up my tank ps cant catch the lil **** to get a pic so

jabberjaw

AC Members
Mar 11, 2008
Adelaide, Australia
if its got little white spots then there's a good chance its could be ich or maybe just sand particles. If the white spots don't drop off after an hour or so, then it could be ich.

What are the details of your tank? (age, size, stock list, etc)

mcsassy

professional fool
Jan 28, 2008
When did you get it? How did you acclimate it? Can you take a picture of it? What else is in your tank other than it?

sgriffin760

AC Members
Jun 8, 2008
oceanside california
not that bad today few white spots still just to be on the safe side going to do a ro dip for the next three days..............i was tripping but the more and more i read i got calmed down i would take pics but the lil f er wont stand still as for acc did a drip for about three hours. tank 55 gallon about 40 lbs of live rock two clown 1 damsel some mushrooms and 1 star fish pram are good and the salinity is at 1.019 and pc lights and a sump

mcsassy

professional fool
Jan 28, 2008
Your salinity is pretty low...also when acclimating, you should turn out the lights for a while and cycle them back on slowly. It seems to be a much smoother transition for the fish.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store