fighting bettas

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
Status
Not open for further replies.

werecatrising

AC Members
Oct 23, 2008
I recently heard of a transhipper who lives relatively close to me. I looked up the name of the fish store she runs and came across her myspace page. As I started reading through her page it mentioned her importing large groups of bettas for fighting and had links to sites dedicated to fighting bettas. Is this a common practice? I mean, I figured there were a few sickos here and there into it, but I didn't think it was that wide spread.:mad2:

crimsonmoon

Gotta love those cories...
Aug 31, 2008
Memphis
um aren't there laws to protect against this crap that people try to pull?

Lupin

Registered Member
Sep 21, 2006
Lupin Information Super Highway/Goldfish Informati
thegab.org
Real Name
Paul
There isn't a law as far as I know for fighting fish but some countries do ban dyeing and tattooing. I think it is France, Switzerland and most other European countries. I could be wrong but that's another topic anyway. Fish are always regarded as another thing to dogs and cats as always which is very unfortunate. Thankfully, people here in my country do not do this at all although I expect a few idiots may do that. One worker suggested me to let my two bettas that I just bought, fight. I just shook my head in disbelief and lectured him telling him this is against my morals.

Arakkis

AC Members
Apr 7, 2008
SJ Cali
not illegal to fight fish in the Us as far as I know. I have a few myself that I have as pets

bushwhacker

old school newbie
Aug 2, 2008
westminster sc.
no laws against it here in the US tho yeah there should be all we can do as fish keepers is talk to others to try to stop it

crimsonmoon

Gotta love those cories...
Aug 31, 2008
Memphis
thats so terrible. it just doesn't make sense to me.
personally, i think the usda should start with bettas and THEN work their way over to the whole Cana banning thing. in that order. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store