Pics of my pigeon bloods, FINALLY out of the bushes!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Diann62

AC Members
Mar 11, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Here's some pics of my 110 gallon tank. The pigeon bloods were always hiding in the bushes, but after 2 months, they're finally coming out. When I feed them, they're out with the rest of the crew. I'm so happy for that. In a couple of weeks, I'll be introducing the marlboro reds (3). Here's the crew :)

Fish tank 037.jpg Fish tank 039.jpg

Weezer

Plastic Plant's Live Longer
Mar 2, 2007
"Minnesota - It Gets Chilly Here"
Nice D's ...........:)

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
WOO-HOO:thm::thm:

bs6749

AC Members
Aug 24, 2008
If your discus were hiding for more than a few days they were most likely sick. Please do research before purchasing more discus. You should also quarantine anything for at least 2 weeks prior to introducing it to your community tank so I hope that is part of your plan. For discus I suggest 3-4 weeks of QT.

noodles62

Just Noods......
Apr 17, 2008
WNC
Real Name
Dawn
perhaps they just need more tall plants to make them feel more comfy? Then they might wander out more - (my angel is the same way) JMO.....

Diann62

AC Members
Mar 11, 2008
Ontario, Canada
If your discus were hiding for more than a few days they were most likely sick. Please do research before purchasing more discus. You should also quarantine anything for at least 2 weeks prior to introducing it to your community tank so I hope that is part of your plan. For discus I suggest 3-4 weeks of QT.
I QT all my discus for a month before adding to the main tank. They weren't sick........that was just them. Please do research???? What makes you think I didn't? I did TONS of research, and even went to a discus breeder who suggested taking the 3 out of the main tank and putting them BACK into the QT tank to observe. I did that.......which stressed them out even more. After observing them I learned that they were not sick, just shy. Thanks for the advice, though.

pinkertd

May 29, 2007
New Jersey
Real Name
Debbi
Congrats Diann!!!! That's got to be a great feeling to see them coming out. Took them a bit longer than most, but they do it at their pace, not ours. They are beautiful!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store