Looking into Angel Fish

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

jdheff1982

No you're not! I'm Sparticus!
Aug 17, 2002
Wichita, KS
Visit site
Ok, so I have decided on getting 3 angels. Now, since they need a planted tank, what kind of plaants do I need to go after??? I basically have 2.466666666... watts of light per gallon. With this info, what kind of plants are likely to thrive in this tank??? I would really be happier with plastic/silk plants. Just pop off a few plant names and I'm sure I can find the plastic/silk variety.

Also, since I am getting angels, what species of tetra (or other schooling fish) can I keep with these guys?? I know I need to avoid fin nippers. Thanks!!

blitzen25bm

AC Members
Jan 28, 2003
Visit site
i have a mix of live and silks, some of the silks look really nice and even sway with the currents. live plants are java fern, java moss, a melon sword and those walmart bulbs. i have endlers in with mine, what kinda colors do you want from the tetras, you can always go with the classic neon. i like how glowlights look or rummy nose tetras would go nice. -john

SnakeIce

AC Members
May 4, 2002
North Ga, USA
Real Name
Frederick
or even a school of dwarf corries... I know, I know not a tetra but they don't just sit on the bottom all the time like the regular cories
if you have a decent size tank a group of columbian blue tetras
they get to about 2 1/2 inches and are just stunning

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store