Seachem Equilibrium?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Mindcrime121

AC Members
Nov 2, 2008
Willows, California
Seachem Equilibrium RO Water Conditioner
for Freshwater Planted Aquariums

Is this stuff a good product or a waste of money? Stumbled across it on the Dr.s Foster and Smith website. My tanks run 6.8 Ph, and about 180 Kh with a Gh of around 100. Are these numbers good to go, or do I need to adjust them at all? Aside from these 3 factors is there anything I should add or avoid (if I can test for it or know it's there of course) for good health of my plants, fish, or inverts? For example, I know copper must be avoided, though I have no test kit for it, which is one reason I use RO water, on top of the fact that my tap here has high nitrates straight from the pipe. I think I've been using perhaps 20% tap or less mixed with the RO water I buy for water changes. Everything is growing fine as things stand, but if using this instead of mixing tap would improve on things I'm open to trying it.

Slappy*McFish

Global Moderator
Staff member
Feb 18, 2002
Raleigh, NC
Waste of money. Plants need nitrate, anyway, so I wouldn't even worry about it. What are your nitrate levels in tank?

avionics30

San Diego Discus
Nov 18, 2008
San Diego, CA
www.sandiegodiscus.com
you use nearly the exact same tap/RO mix that I do. I do not add anything other than some prime an dplant ferts 3 time a week. You should be fine. I believe that stuff is made for pure RO water. I havn't had any issues over the years with my tap/RO mix, so I leave well enough alone. Final word, waste of money.

Mindcrime121

AC Members
Nov 2, 2008
Willows, California
I'm floating between 15 and 20 ppm average on nitrate. Thanks for the unanimous opinion. :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store