Q on angels

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

jdheff1982

No you're not! I'm Sparticus!
Aug 17, 2002
Wichita, KS
Visit site
Just bought a pair of angels about an 1 hr ago. Since I have 2 filters, will this cause to much water flow for the angels???? I have noticed these guys fighting the current abit. If I do need a lower current, then I'll eliminate the AC300. But if they'll be fine, then great!!! I have both filters turned down on flow, so hope they can cope for abit. Thanks!!!

SnakeIce

AC Members
May 4, 2002
North Ga, USA
Real Name
Frederick
in the initial settleing in perion reducing the flow can be helpfull but the older they get the less it will bother them... if you want both filters on the tank they can get used to it if there is an area that is slower

valerie

AC Members
Apr 18, 2001
Edmonton, AB
I have a dynoflo 3(300gph),AC300 and a powerhead on my tank that houses my angel. When she was little she had a hard time with the current but now she is fine with it.

If yours are having problems then maybe turn down the flow on the AC to see if that helps. You could also move the filters to one side of the tank so the other side doesn't get as much current and they will be able to relax on that side.

jdheff1982

No you're not! I'm Sparticus!
Aug 17, 2002
Wichita, KS
Visit site
Well, it is a new day and both angels are doing great!!!. They are still hanging in the same corner, but are getting more adventurous. How long after introduction to the tank do I need to wait before feeding them??? I noticed that they were kinda picking up stuff off the bottom. Also, I need to change the water. How long should I wait before doing so???? I don't want to stress the fish. One more q, do they need caves or anything of the like like other cichlids do?? Or are they good with just plants to take cover from?? Thanks a bunch!!

famman

AC Members
Aug 16, 2002
Los Angeles, CA
Yes feed them, twice a day I'd think. Angels like plants, don't need caves. Water change soon, young angels need good water until they're well established.
After a few days the current wont matter except they do need an area of very low current to rest in, later they'll spawn there.
good luck
:)

valerie

AC Members
Apr 18, 2001
Edmonton, AB
I have a few caves in my tank but my angel nevers really goes in it(except during water changes). She prefers the hover in the plants, her favorite place being in the vals.

So i think as long as you have plants they probably wont' use the caves too much.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store