what is this ????

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

cullyisgully

salt water ffeen
Jan 24, 2007
Queens, New York
i have this starting to grow all on my tank...

just want to know if it is ok to have or shoud i start to get rid of it.????

it is all the green stuff on the side of the tank...

DSC00785.JPG DSC00787.JPG

TropicalNorth

Bligh..The Demander Of Attention..
Jun 9, 2006
North Queensland, Australia
Looks like standard run of the mill green dust algae, no idea what it is technically. I also don't think you can get rid of it completely (stop it growing back that is), there seems to be some on every tanks glass. An algae magnet keeps it in check though.

TropicalNorth

Bligh..The Demander Of Attention..
Jun 9, 2006
North Queensland, Australia
No I don't think so. No matter how perfect your water params are there is always going to be at least a small amount of algae present.

snappyguy

Keeper of the fish
Jan 12, 2009
Houston TX
There'll always be some algae growth. Get some snails of the genus Turbo and they'll take care of it for you. In a properly balanced tank (snails to algae) you'll rarely have to clean the glass.

cullyisgully

salt water ffeen
Jan 24, 2007
Queens, New York
There'll always be some algae growth. Get some snails of the genus Turbo and they'll take care of it for you. In a properly balanced tank (snails to algae) you'll rarely have to clean the glass.

ight man thanks for the info.... i need to get a new cleaning crew... im going tio get some sinls that go under the sand

rimrider19k

AC Members
Jan 22, 2006
What water parameters would be out of wack to cause this to grow. I have a 55 gallon and that crap is crazy. I have to scrap it off every 3 days. I have 2 turbo snails the size of golf balls, do I need more? What would be a good cleanup crew the tank?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store