Live sand help

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

AC2020x

AC Members
Dec 31, 2008
State College, PA
Hey, I ordered live sand from ebay -- this link http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=250351116663

I am confused as it states that [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]DUE TO A HEATER MALFUNCTION, THIS AUCTION WILL
NOT
INCLUDE CHAETOMORPHA MACROALGAE.
THE MACROALGAE WILL BE SUBSTITUTED WITH A SMALL
BOTTLE OF LIVE ROTIFERS AND EXTRA LAVA RUBBLE.
WE ARE SORRY FOR THE INCONVENIENCE. what is Live Rotifers?? do I just pour the sand into my tank???
[/FONT]

ToeJam

MMORPG ADDICT!!
Jan 9, 2009
Tacoma,WA
The Rotifers are umm they look like errm sperm sorta under a microscope...and its coral food..sps love it. Carnivorous ones do. Its what I feed my SPS.

Lava rubble...just rubble rock nothing special here something you can load into a fuge for pods to grow on.

I cant see EBAy from this Comp cant tell yah much on the sand.

Kiel'thalin

AC Members
Jun 12, 2006
1st off, is this sand going to be added to an already established tank? And yes, you just pour it in, do not rinse it, you will defeat the purpose of purchasing the "live sand". For the rotifers, those are more aimed at an established tank with live corals. The macroalgae would of been a better deal, but aw well. Just be prepared when you do pour the sand in, the tank will most likely go cloudy for a day or two and might set off a nitrogen cycle...

snailrider

AC Members
Oct 30, 2007
davesbmw.com
you can buy that sand at depot for 5 bucks for 40 lbs

Then just seed it and it will become live

The key word here is aquacultured in their tanks

Reefscape

I shoot people with a Canon
Staff member
Nov 8, 2006
Staffordshire, UK
seethroughmylens.co.uk
Real Name
Blinky
When you add your live rock, make sure it is seating on the "bottom" of the tank, not sitting on the top of the sand. The reason behind this is if you get any sand burrowing critters or fish that will dig under the live rock pile, it stands the chance of moving / collapsing which could have dissasterous effects.

With the cycle, no, you dont need the skimmer..Just get your live rock in there and get it on !!!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store