Plecostomus Identification Help (Rubber Pleco)

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Ptolemy

AC Members
Nov 2, 2003
Pataskala
Visit site
I just aquired a pleco from a fish store. There was no label with the tank that I got the fish from, but a matching fish was labeled as a Rubber Pleco. I looked up more information, and so far I think that is what it is, also called a bulldog pleco. It is a golden tan color, with bat-like fins. The head is fat and low. The caudal fin is forked. The most interesting part is the eyes. The iris is "U" shaped. Very odd indeed. It cost about six dollars, and is about five inches long. I am pretty sure that it is a rubber Pleco, but if anyone thinks other wise let me in. Sorry for no picture, no camera. Any advice is welcomed. Thank you.

LMOUTHBASS

My hypocrisy goes only so far
Jun 17, 2003
Boston , MA
Visit site
Real Name
Mark
OK

WHEN HE SUCKS ON THE SIDE OF THE GLASS HIS LIPS WILL APPEAR VERY THICK AND ALMOST SQUARE LIKE - THEY ARE ALSO CALLED RUBBER LIPPED PLECO - THE BODY IS USUALLY A LIGHT BROWN-TAN COLOR THEY SORT OF HAVE VERY FAINT LIGHT SPOTS (VERY SMALL LIKE PIN HEAD SIZE) ON THEIR BODY - BELLY BUT THE LIPS ARE VERY THICK - AND THEY MOVE UNBELIEVABLY WUICK IN A JERKY MOTION WHEN THEY ARE EITHER STARTLED OR GOING SOMEWHERE -HOPE THIS HELPS - GREAT FISH THOUGH

Ptolemy

AC Members
Nov 2, 2003
Pataskala
Visit site
Thanks, Lmouthbass. That describes him well. But if anyone else thinks otherwise, please inform me. it would help me understand my fish better. think it is is arubber placo. More experts please. wow I'm drunk.. I went to a cool bar tonight. My favorte is 151 and cokacola

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store