Need to get rid of some bluegill - any ideas?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

boojumsnark25

AC Members
Aug 13, 2006
I'm taking down a tank that had some bluegill in it that I caught from my pond. I'm switching over to saltwater and need to find a home for these guys...any ideas of what I can do with them?

boojumsnark25

AC Members
Aug 13, 2006
Put them back in your pond???
I figured that wouldn't be a good idea because A, the pond is frozen and we're talking a 35 degree difference in water temperatures, and B, they've been on fish food for a year so I'm thinking their survival instincts aren't good. Unless I'm wrong...would they retain their hunting/survival instincts?

I wouldn't have to worry about parasites or disease or anything, they are the only things that have ever been in the tank and they've only had cichlid pellets

kidbookrev

This space intentionally left blank
Nov 8, 2008
South Central Minnesota
Are you willing to wait till spring? I doubt they'll have a problem w/ finding food, if they were wild caught only a year ago, but the temp difference could be a problem.

ChrisK

AC Members
Aug 10, 2008
Sulphur, LA
Are you willing to wait till spring? I doubt they'll have a problem w/ finding food, if they were wild caught only a year ago, but the temp difference could be a problem.

:iagree: Waiting till spring will be best. The shouldn't have a problem hunting food.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store