how do I get rid of these micro bubbles?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Fitter17

AC Members
Jan 18, 2009
Somewhere in Maryland
I have a 55 gallon fowlr, protein skimmer seaclone 100, fluval 305 , 2 airstones, and I have these little micro bubbles coming out of the skimmer into the tank. I didn't have them in the beginning now I do, I also have some coming out of the discharge of my fluval 305, I don't like them , I like my tank clear. Help with any suggestions please.

dmjordan

AC Members
Apr 10, 2007
columbia, md
take out the airstones. you don't need them in a saltwater tank. air bubbles from the airstones will get sucked into the canister filter and cause it to spit them back into the tank. as for the skimmer you can see if there is a bubble trap for it or you can make one yourself.

Slappy*McFish

Global Moderator
Staff member
Feb 18, 2002
Raleigh, NC
Seaclones are notorious for this. If it's new, it just needs to break in a bit. This usually takes a couple of weeks. You can also try to adjust the air valve on it. Increasing the air input reduces the water output. This results in less micro bubbles being returned to the tank. Seaclones are very finicky, however...and you may find it difficult to adjust it to achieve both good skimmate production and reduced microbubble production. The **** things have to be fiddled with almost daily.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store