power head 29 gallon

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

snappyguy

Keeper of the fish
Jan 12, 2009
Houston TX
It should be enough. In a FOWLR tank current isn't as important as with corals that rely on it to bring them food.

dmjordan

AC Members
Apr 10, 2007
columbia, md
in my opinion it is better to have 2 powerheads rather than just one. this will help eliminate any dead spots from forming. how about 2 k1's instead of 1 k2. it is a little more flow but it is indirect flow which is good.

skene

AC Members
Mar 8, 2008
IMO a Koralia 1 or 2 would be overkill for a 29g. What you may want to look into is the Koralia nano or this the Hydor FLO, all you would need with that is a powerhead.

On my 29g it is primarily a FO system, but with a few leather frags and mushrooms. I use one on a Rio 400 powerhead and it is more than enough flow and it does not leave any deadspots.

dmjordan

AC Members
Apr 10, 2007
columbia, md
as long as the flow is indirect flow you can't really have too much flow. i have about 4800 gph flowing through my 120. as for the hydor flo...the work ok at first but eventually stop rotating all together. powersweep powerheads stop sweeping also in time. i have tried them when i first started out and each lasted about 8 months before they crapped out on me.

snailrider

AC Members
Oct 30, 2007
davesbmw.com
I had a nano in the 29 FOWLR and a HOB filter. That was fine for the fish. I have recently reconfigured and have a Korallia 2 and a HOB, will be adding the sump, and probably a nano korellia or some other power head.

The #2 is almost adequate on it's own, but two power head would be better

Amphiprion

Contain the Excitement...
Feb 14, 2007
Mobile, Alabama
Real Name
Andrew
The amount of flow from a Koralia 2 would be adequate, though if that can be divided in two, that would be better. I'll reiterate the idea that you can't have too much flow. I had 12,200 gph in my 75 at one point.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store