Multi-Species Paladarium

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Paladaria

AC Members
Jan 27, 2009
I am going to try to create the impossible. A multi-speices paladarium.
Birds/reptiles/fish/plants/butterflies... I want them all. Any advise will be greatly appreciated. I know there was a thread on the topic last years and many were skeptical on the possibility, but I like making the impossible possible.

37gallong

AC Members
Jan 23, 2009
Haiku
Paludariums are awesome. I thought about making once. But thought otherwise when i looked at the maintenance and cost that would have to go into it. If they can do it in the zoo on a larger scale then why cant you do it? Just have the right eqipment.

Vicious_Fish

Mar 6, 2007
The Land of the Lost
Real Name
Seth
Well if you want all of that in one paludarium you're going to want to go full scale. Think zoo sized.

Vicious_Fish

Mar 6, 2007
The Land of the Lost
Real Name
Seth
The main problem with mult-species paludariums is that instead of providing an enclosure covering the requirements for one species, you have several to deal with. You should consider doing research on biotopes. Pick a particular area of the world and focus on the plants and animals that come from that one area. Many can have the same living requirements which will make things easier for you.

austinpetemo

AC Members
Sep 25, 2007
Newton Falls, OH
wow good luck with that. sounds cool but in the end its gonna be a lot of work and a heck of alot of money.

Notophthalmus

I put the 'snork' in 'snorkeling'!
Mar 4, 2008
Tennessee
Good luck with it. The birds will be the real sticker; take them out and the whole project becomes much more manageable. Of course most reptiles and amphibians are insectivorous, piscivorous, or both, so careful species selection is key.

We're going to need more specific information about space, budget, species selection, and so on before we can make good recommendations.

cam191919

AC Members
Apr 8, 2008
Tallahassee FL
i can see many possibilities, but they all require a good amount of space. 12x12x6 foot cage with a small pond with good filtration, and no perches above it. maybe zebra finches for birds, desert gobies for fish and some bearded dragons, australian theme.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store