Fact or Fiction???

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

jdheff1982

No you're not! I'm Sparticus!
Aug 17, 2002
Wichita, KS
Visit site
I have heard many people tell me that my angel fish are "deadly", "killers", and etc. Are they really the cute little fish we all like or are they really mean??? Just something I would like to clear up with some people. Thanks!

Deb2

AC Members
Jun 4, 2002
Folsom, CA
Visit site
Angelfish are peaceful comunity fish until they spawn. They are very protective of their territory at that time. They also tend to eat fry of other fish and have been known to eat very small neons, cardinals and similar sized fish, but if the tetras are full grown they won't usually be bothered.

esoxlucieus

AC Members
Dec 12, 2002
Visit site
Angles can be very bad tempered and tetras are their natural food in the wild so they will eat them if given a chance.

SnakeIce

AC Members
May 4, 2002
North Ga, USA
Real Name
Frederick
if you get a inbred strain of angelfish they can be illtempered, bad parents and really agressive for no reason. however if you get some wild genes back into the line they are much calmer and great parents and all

jdheff1982

No you're not! I'm Sparticus!
Aug 17, 2002
Wichita, KS
Visit site
Cool!

Well, so far, no aggression. But, they are still at 3 inches too. I do have a pleco and he does not get bothered by them. I have seen them pick on each other a bit; but other than that, they travel as a pair around the tank. Most of the time, they stay in one corner and constantly swim up and down. I don't know if they are trying to get my attention or what; but, whatever it is, it's cute! :D

Anywho, just thought I would get a few opinions. Thanks!! BTW, have any of you checked out my angels in another thread called "Angels - Day 2"? If you haven't, please do!! They are very cool and a not so common coloration. Thanks!!

Philbe

AC Members
Oct 13, 2003
ottawa canada
Visit site
I have had 2 angel fish in my community tank for close to a month now. I also have 3 diamond tetras (very active) and 3 candy tetras (not active). Only recently have I noticed one of the angels being the least bit aggressive towards the tetras. Just seems to bump them a little as if to say get away from me. :)

wayne

AC Members
Dec 17, 2002
Stavanger, Norway
Visit site
Most are ok but I've seen a few that were pretty dreadful. My dominant female killed the dominant male in my shoal, and kicks everyone else around, and I remember another that repeatedly went to auctions as successive owners found it to be a mean son of a b****

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store