FOWLR planning help please!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

jaysinnva

AC Members
Jan 4, 2009
Hey all. We're thinking of starting a SW tank (our first), and wanted to get some stocking advice. We're centering on a Clown or two, and a Flame Angel. I'm not quite sure what else would go, but was thinking maybe a Royal Gramma, Yellow Watchman Goby, Turbo Snail and a crab of some sort. Tank size would probably be a 46 bow.

Thanks in advance!

Ace25

www.centralcoastreefclub. com
Oct 3, 2005
www.centralcoastreefclub.com
Sounds like a good fish list to me.. you will need a few more snails and crabs for cleanup though... not turbos (you can have 1 as well), but also astrea and ceriths snails.

jaysinnva

AC Members
Jan 4, 2009
Sorry, connection to the server went bad, and I can't delete all those posts.

Great, thanks for the quick reply! What kind of crabs would you recommend? Something like a Sally Lightfoot?

Last edited:

Ace25

www.centralcoastreefclub. com
Oct 3, 2005
www.centralcoastreefclub.com
Sally or an emerald for a larger crab, but more just your normal blue legged hermits are good for standard cleanup crew. They stay small. Scarlett hermits are cool too but a little more expensive for the red and they get a little bigger than the others.

jaysinnva

AC Members
Jan 4, 2009
Thanks everybody! Well, it looks like the FOWLR might be coming sooner than we thought. Picking up a 30 bowfront with stand, all accessories, live rock and sand, a Clownfish, a Green Chromis, and a snail of sorts for $175. Gotta love craigslist! :D

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store