Sick JD

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

fishbc

AC Members
Jan 15, 2004
B.C Canada
Visit site
I just bought some new graval for my aquarium, cleaned the graval and did a water change then my fish went white. Can you please help me and tell me what this is?

IMG_0018.JPG IMG_0019.JPG

prakash

AC Members
Oct 26, 2005
looks like you overcleaned hes very stressed. What was the water values before and after? How did you treat the water? but as you say you bought new gravel he could be stressed by the change and the white gravel is not going to help his colour hes trying to blend in to his new surroundings

Kennedy327

fan-o-cichlid
Jan 12, 2009
Ohio
Would have to agree with prakash. stressed from over clean and the white gravel. Darker gravel produce darker fish.

Well, if you pulled out your gravel, you just removed a fair portion of your biological filtration.

Test your aquarium water for ammonia and nitrites. Thats most likely what did it, If any are detected, follow up with daily water changes as well as the addition of something like stability and prime to the system in order to help process the waste and re-establish your biological filtration.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store