Cherry Shrimp Coloration

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

TwoHobbies

AC Members
Jun 26, 2008
That's a hard question to answer....I bet they would, but it they are from poor stock they may not. Unless you are in a hurry to get them I would recommend you get them from someone here. Odds are much better you would get better stock, healthier shrimp, and for sure some males!

saram521

AC Members
May 10, 2008
Georgia
www.aquariacentral.com
Real Name
Sara
I think they would color up after settling in to your own tank. LFS tanks can be stressful for the livestock, causing them to look more dull in appearance than they'd normally look. I do think you could get healthier (and cheaper) stock from someone here on ac. Even with shipping included, you'd get more shrimp for your money through buying from a member. How much are the shrimp at your lfs?

Hurley

aka Bunny13
Oct 2, 2005
Baltimore, Maryland
www.freewebs.com
They are on the more expensive side, but I really like this store, the owner, and the staff and would like to support them. I am also planning on picking up some cherry shrimp at the next club meeting and thought it might be nice to expand the gene pool with some of my own.

The Zigman

Here fishy fishy fishy!!!
Oct 5, 2007
Near Chicago, Il.
www.uglymuggs.com
RCS color depends on a lot of variables, just like fish they can stress out and their color washes out. A proper diet of both animal, and plant protiens are essential for them to produce a vibrant red color.

I have taken slightly red shrimp from one of my tanks, and transferred them to another tank only to see their color really "POP" in their new environment. they like to be in the plants, and able to hide from predators.

I believe, and this is only my opinion, based on what I have seen, Most shrimp have the potential to be very red, if given the right environment and diet.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store