120gal Overhaul

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Pittbull

ALL BOW DOWN TO THE FIN GODS
Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
Ok i had to do this, my tank smelled something awful with all those anubias in it so i decided to revamp it..

This is what it looked like for a while with a crap load of rock and about 38 anubias plants thru out the tank..

003.JPG

Right now i have the sand in place but i need more sand and i need to catch a few more fish and place some THR and that craggy sea rock in and i should be set..

006.JPG

003.JPG 006.JPG

crimsonmoon

Gotta love those cories...
Aug 31, 2008
Memphis
wow the first pic is really pretty :D

Pittbull

Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
It was a organic smell, yeah right now it is ugly but i will work on it and hopefully will be a better looking setup.. when i was taking out the gravel i found a lelupi juvie so my lelupis are breeding i pulled him and placed it in a 20gal long by himself pretty small and was lucky to had made it in the old setup..

Pittbull

Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
hehehe i am getting rid of the anubias well i may keep a couple you know but thats what i am using for a trade in on the sand tomorrow hehehe plus some fish..

I trade off the trets and sexi's tonight for some more calvus and THR with a pet shop..

I plan to get rid of the buescheri, helianthus, dhonti, a pair of brichardi i had in another tank and a trio of Daff's i also had in another tank plus those big ol syno's are gone as well i will take the syno multipuct's out of the 55gal and put them in the 120gal..

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
I think your plan sounds great.

AfroCichlid

AC Members
Jan 10, 2008
Fort Myers, FL
Wow, you've been busy! I love the look of plants in an African setup but having too many has caused me too much trouble as well. Mine comes from trying to run high lights and keep plants growing in such hard water. I end up with algae out the wahoo.
A few well placed Giant Vals or Crinum would work well, and shouldn't cause a strong odor.
What kind of lighting are you using? I'm running 154 watt CF on my 75; I'm already getting diatoms. Are you running actinics?

kayt

Registered Member
Jan 23, 2009
I love all the pictures. I cant wait to see the progress. thanks for the link.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store