10 gallon dart frog viv build

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

petluvr

AC Members
Jun 5, 2008
Podunk, Va.
Real Name
Larry
I have recenlty decided that I want a dart frog. Seeing as how the weather isn't that great for shipping at the moment I have decided to wait until spring to actually buy the frog, giving me plenty of time to get the tank ready. Since I had a 10 with just a betta I drained the tank and rehomed the betta to another tank. This is my first attempt at building a viv so please be kind:) On with the build.

DAY 1: After draining the tank and letting it dry I cleaned it with ****e vinegar, let it dry and cleaned it again with just water. After completely drying then placed the styro (without silicone) in the tank to get a general idea of where I wanted everything to go. After getting a rough idea I began siliconing everything in place. Please excuse the coco fiber sticking to the glass I wanted to check for depth and didn't wipe it all out before taking the pic.

009.JPG 010.JPG

petluvr

AC Members
Jun 5, 2008
Podunk, Va.
Real Name
Larry
DAY 2: After letting the silicone cure for 24 hours it was on to filling in the gaps, for this I used great-stuff. I thought that it would be a little more difficult than it was but actually it was a pretty easy product to use (just make sure not to get it on your skin it's not that easy to get off):) I am currently waiting for the great-stuff to cure so that I may begin my shaping and sanding. Updates to come.

011.JPG 012.JPG

austinpetemo

AC Members
Sep 25, 2007
Newton Falls, OH
wait.....is that styrofoam???

DAVIDFBT

Extinct? Since when?
Feb 3, 2008
Great Lakes, Illinois
Real Name
Definitely not David
^Yep, you can just cut out the holes with a large drill bit, small cookie cutter, apple corer or anything that would give you uniform cuts.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store