A USDA Visit

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

snoopy65

I am Sam aka Snoopy65
Aug 24, 2008
Where the ducks walk on the fish, PA
A representative from the USDA visited me today. It seems that a seller on ebay that I purchased snails from over a year ago has been (up to 2 weeks ago) including Colombian Ramshorns in some of their snail shipments sold. All of my tanks were checked and cleared, but it was an interesting experience.

luckydud13

Did you hear that?
Jun 20, 2008
Charlotte, NC
Mg had the same thing a while ago didnt he?

AquaGem

AC Members
Jan 10, 2009
Kzoo Michigan
Real Name
Tori
wow I always knew it could happen... but never thought it actually would lol! Glad you were in the clear :)

Bubbles2112

Is someone behind me???
Jun 22, 2008
North Carolina, USA
Real Name
Barbara
So if I can ask a question--the USDA can just knock on your door to see snails that you purchased? That's just plain weird--I'd think they were trying to gain entrance to my house for other nefarious reasons. Or is that just me being paranoid?

Lupin

Registered Member
Sep 21, 2006
Lupin Information Super Highway/Goldfish Informati
thegab.org
Real Name
Paul
The Marisa cornuarietis is illegal for interstate shipping to begin with hence the USDA inspection in case Snoopy has some from the seller. Once they see the illegal snails, they confiscate them and destroy.

Bubbles2112

Is someone behind me???
Jun 22, 2008
North Carolina, USA
Real Name
Barbara
Wow. I supose there is good reason for it then. They must do damage to ecosystems? Thanks Lupin!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store