Got a 125 gallon today, due to suggestions of AquariaCentral Peeps!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

munkeycraz

AC Members
Oct 23, 2008
Hey guys! Got a 125 gallon tank today :dance:, not brand new but def larger that my current one. It needs a good cleaning and I was wondering if you all had any tips for me. Remember I am new at this. :help:
She also gave me 4 10 gallon buckets of gravel, a heater, 2 hoods and 4 lights, large piece of drift wood, all syphining eqp. and filters. I am familiar with the 2 large penguin biowheels but there is an external filter she said loose carbon goes in. You all might have to help me with that one. Will prob make this large one brackish. I would love to do salt but ppl say it is way to hard. I just want to do this right, b/c i love this fish i have and dont want to lose even one of them.......You can email me at munkeycraz@aol.com or ill keep checking on here. Thanks for all the help! Oh yeah~~ I got this bundle of stuff for 250...is that a good price? the tank is from 2002.....
:confused:
Shari

munkeycraz

AC Members
Oct 23, 2008
Sorry, just read what i wrote..I want to know what I can clean the tank with. Is there anything besides plain water i can use...it was in her basement for about a year.

Bnoble

Advanced User
Jan 31, 2008
USA,VA
:iagree: with JPAPPY, vinegar and lots of scrubbing..good find:y220e:, whats the name brand of the external filter? is it a canister? goodluckwith the Brackish..love to see some pics of your process!!!

bazil323

AC Members
May 1, 2008
Wisconsin
Good luck! Vinegar is great stuff, disolves those pesky solids but takes some work. On really tough spots, soak a towel with vinegar and let it sit on the spot for a few hours to disolve without so much work.

What are you thinking of doing, stock-wise?

PS. www.thepufferforum.com has some really great tips on brackish aquaria even if you aren't planning on puffers. There are plenty of puffers that need brackish water that they've become pretty good at keeping brakish tanks.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store