Where can I get Live Rock at a good price?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

BiggerWurm

AC Members
Dec 5, 2002
michigan
Visit site
Where do you live at i am in michigan too. There is a lot of LFS stores. Tampa Bay Live rock is great too. Do a search on the internet and get semi cured at least full cured would be better for a new tank anything alive that does not like you water or has been exposed to air when it should not be like sponges will most likely die and produce everthing your trying to get rid off. Add it slowly to not spike ammonia and kill fish/ invertabrates or cause disease outbreak. I have seen it anywhere from 2 to 10 a pound. Usually 5 a pound where i go but not as colorful as the florida stuff that has been coming out. Only thing bad is i have heard people get manitis shrimps on there rock.

Good luck

slipknottin

the original legend
Jan 13, 2002
CT
Real Name
Connor
www.liveaquaria.com sells figi rock shipped to your house for $3 a pound (45 pounds for $150 including shipping)

www.gulfview.com sells florida aquacultured rock for $4 a pound (30 pounds for $130 shipped)

unless you live near a good importer, or live by any of these operations in florida or california, your going to find the best deals online.

slipknottin

the original legend
Jan 13, 2002
CT
Real Name
Connor
if you have nothing living in your tank, then you can cure it in your tank.

all LR that is shipped to you will need to cure again, even fully cured rock. There is always die-off during shipping.

BiggerWurm

AC Members
Dec 5, 2002
michigan
Visit site
SunnyX,

Are you planning on keeping corals. If so look at the Tropicorium site in romulus one of the largest frag farms in the US. They have deals where you pick 9 corals for a 100.00. And huge pools filled with frags, sharks, breed clowns, cardinals. This place blows my mind i want to go every day even though its a hour and half from me. Also there is

Aquatic Discoveries/ Sterling heights = good
Kee's Pets and aquariums/shelby township= good if you talk to the teenage kid that does everything
Aqua nest/ think its in pontiac=good
Ocean and Seas/roseville=don't buy fish unless you quarinteen but good prices on fish/ tanks and such forget about it
Green woods/ 9 mile close to detroit cheap on everything they do not sell many corals
I have a flyer from one in lovonia i will try to find it.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store