does anybody else have issues with their gateway?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

crimsonmoon

Gotta love those cories...
Aug 31, 2008
Memphis
Ok i had my gateway laptop for less than a year when two of the keys on the keyboard popped off over a period of about two days. so my dad finds the replacement offline, orders it, we wait 2 and a half weeks for it to come in, we spend all night putting it on, and not a full 2 days later, the "f" key pops off! i am just sick of this computer in general.
gateway just seems less than ideal. does anybody else have issues with their gateways?

crimsonmoon

Aug 31, 2008
Memphis
Nobody?

excuzzzeme

Stroke Survivor '05
Personally I found gateways to be sub-standard right from day one. I feel that Gateway cheapened theirs too much in a effort remain competitive. I have worked on too many of them to say anything nice about them. Dell was initially a very good provider but they too have gone downhill.

luckydud13

Did you hear that?
Jun 20, 2008
Charlotte, NC
I prefer to get brands like Hp, Dell, and Apple for this reason. I feel that the quality is better for the price.

crimsonmoon

Aug 31, 2008
Memphis
yeah. my next computer will def be a mac. well i guess now i know that i don't just have bad luck when it comes to computers lol

IceH2O

Bazinga
Nov 26, 2005
Rock Hill,South Carolina
Real Name
Ice
I don't even bother with name brands.

I build my own.

I can customize it with what I want instead of getting useless hard drive filled crap programs.
I can get what speed I want, HD space,vid and audio cards that are substandard and will need to be replaced anyway.
The key is the motherboard though. Most MBs of name brands aren't made for upgrading. Buy the right MB and you can upgrade for years before needing to buy another MB and the MB is cheaper then having to buy a completely new computer in a few years.

leeser28

AC Members
Jan 4, 2009
Croton-on-Hudson, NY
yeah. my next computer will def be a mac. well i guess now i know that i don't just have bad luck when it comes to computers lol
I LOVE my Mac -- I have to use an IBM PC at work, but at home nothing but Mac :) The only problem is lack of compatibility with a fair amount of software, but on the other hand Apple makes great software too! My husband's had Dells and I think we did have a Gateway early on, never much liked it but didn't have any issues like you had.

leeser28

AC Members
Jan 4, 2009
Croton-on-Hudson, NY
I wish I could but I'm not so hardware literate! But good for you guys!!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store