Product Review: Danner Supreme Mag Drive 9.5 Utility Pump

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Cheech

Global Moderator
Jan 13, 2000
Montreal, Canada
Company Danner

[FONT=&quot]Model Supreme Mag Drive 9.5 Utility Pump[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Link to product description Supreme Mag Drive 9.5[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Price range 149.99 can +-[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Pros Mag drive water pump 950 gph supreme features a ceramic, magnetic impeller. For fresh or saltwater use & can be used submersed or inline. The directional flow output can be used in any orientation.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Cons none yet[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Star rating (1-5 with 5 being the best) 5[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]How long have you used the product? 3 years[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Build quality and value for your money. very good. I have two of these. One, I use as a sump return on my reef tank. The other, I use for water changes and misc. reasons. It's a work horse. lever stops working, I never had to contact the company, flow is always constant.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Other comments none. Great pump. [/FONT]

excuzzzeme

Stroke Survivor '05
Pros: Very dependable, adjustable positioning on the intake/outlet manifold. Quiet and very easy to use.

Cons: Unfortunately these are more of a powerhead than a pump - meaning they do not have the ability to suction water and rely on it to be located at a lower level so that water freely enters the intake. I have 2 of these as well, though not the 9.5.

I use them internal on my sump for water return and have no other complaints than the one above. I recommend them for use.

excuzzzeme

Stroke Survivor '05
A mag drive pump/powerhead does not have the ability to suction. It relies on water having free access into the impeller area and as such must be located in a position lower than the water surface. A pump has a motor driven impeller and can be located at any height (within it's limits) regardless of the water surface and generally must be external mounted. A pump/powerhead (mag-drive style) can sometimes be mounted externally/internally as long as it is below the water surface level. I have ordered a Mag 9.5 to compliment my 250 and 500.

A true pump will also generate as much as 60psi water pressure and is ideal for closed filtration systems. A Mag drive cannot generate as much (usually less than 10psi). A pump can also be fitted with a pressure switch to turn on/off at preset limits.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store