Product Review: Hagen Aquaclear 110/500

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Nolapete

Monster Tank Builder
May 29, 2007
New Orleans, LA
Company
Hagen

Model
Aquaclear 110/500

Link to product description
http://www.hagen.com/usa/aquatic/product.cfm?CAT=1&SUBCAT=107&PROD_ID=01006200020101

Price range
$64+ (Lowest price at Petguys.com 2/17/09)

Pros
Easy-to-clean, high flow rate, quiet, many media options, filters great.

Cons
If sand or grit gets sucked into the impeller housing, the impeller body can get scored causing the filter to become noisy.

Star rating (1-5 with 5 being the best)

How long have you used the product?
Over ten years

Build quality and value for your money.
Quality construction and well worth the price. I won't buy any other HOB filter no matter how high the price goes up on the Aquaclear.

Other comments

ac110.JPG

excuzzzeme

Stroke Survivor '05
Company
Hagen

Model
Aquaclear 110/500

Price range
$65- $85

Pros:
Easy-to-clean, high flow rate, quiet, many media options, filters well. Easy to acquire repair parts including energizer. Intake tubes are the same from first to last and you need not worry about which section to get. No additional parts needed on the intake tubes like strainers that fall off or get lost.

Cons:
Lids aren't the best fitting and have a tendency to rattle

Star rating (1-5 with 5 being the best)

How long have you used the product?
4-5 years

Build quality and value for your money.

Over-all I think this is perhaps the best HOB on the market at present. Simple in design yet it's a real work horse and well worth the money.

Other comments:

The carbon included in the box is a very generous amount and the replacement carbon is competitive in pricing. Having tried other HOB's and trying to find the one that works best for my abilities, It is hands down the easiest to clean and use.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store