Peacock Gudgeons - the freshwater Clownfish.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

rsanz

The Peacock Gudgeon Guy
Aug 22, 2006
Maryland
Real Name
Rob
Camera Used
Sony
These little guys are seriously like the freshwater version of Clownfish. They hide among the plants poking their heads out and scoping things out, much like clownfish in their favorite anemone. Tons of personality, and beautiful to boot!

These are my fellas. This was their first day in the tank, so they weren't nesting in the plants yet (sorry for the photo quality):

rsanz

The Peacock Gudgeon Guy
Aug 22, 2006
Maryland
Real Name
Rob
Camera Used
Sony

Bubbles2112

Is someone behind me???
Jun 22, 2008
North Carolina, USA
Real Name
Barbara
Those are beautifully colored! Very pretty fish :thm:

rsanz

The Peacock Gudgeon Guy
Aug 22, 2006
Maryland
Real Name
Rob
Camera Used
Sony
Lovely fish! Are they easy to feed?
Feeding? Easy? Not so much...at least not in a community aquarium. They are not aggressive eaters, especially when compared to eight fully-grown Harlequin Rasboras (which also reside in the same tank). I use a turkey baster to spot feed the Peacocks. They're so cute, they come right up to the baster and eat out of it.

It's a small hassle as opposed to just tossing some food in there and forgetting about it, but it's helped me form a special bond with them due to having to feed them by hand. They only accept live/frozen food as well.

The coolest fish always call for a little bit more work. :)

texas mom

Just Starting Freshwater
Nov 22, 2008
DFW
They are awesome! What do they eat?

rsanz

The Peacock Gudgeon Guy
Aug 22, 2006
Maryland
Real Name
Rob
Camera Used
Sony

gratleop

AC Members
Jan 30, 2009
dude i want that

mroth_3

shrimp boat captain
Dec 24, 2008
Iowa
Very nice. Any idea on how to sex them? I've read very conflicting reports. They had a couple tanks of them around me, but I wasn't able to pick out a couple nice pairs. At 10-16$ a piece, I wanted to be sure to get pairs, so i didn't get them. Please keep us updated if you get them to spawn. Ill be ordering some when the weather turns nice.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store