My comet was sick!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Evil Cyborg 10

AC Members
Dec 25, 2008
For some reason I fed my comet today 4 flakes for the 2 fish and feed the fish once a day if everything is fine inside the tank and as usual the comets jumped up to get the food but one of them ate one flakes and threw up!

No idea why seems fine now.

JenniferLynn

AC Members
Dec 4, 2008
Page, AZ
I think it is from eating too much too fast. One of my greedy little fantails does this every once in a while...some what like a mini-flake explosion and then is fine and keeps on eating. No other abnormal behavior so I've never been worried about it but you've got me thinking about it now. I'm sure someone else has seen this before too.

Kashta

Always Niko's fault.....
Jun 24, 2008
USA West Coast
Real Name
Susan
All my larger goldfish do that.. they gobble up a mouthful of food and then spit some of it out. The smaller fish swoop in then to eat the tiny bits. Seems to be normal feeding behaviour with my fish. Their dining habits aren't very sophisticated.

crimsonmoon

Gotta love those cories...
Aug 31, 2008
Memphis
mine do that on occasion as well. i believe it is quite normal

Flaringshutter

Befriend a feeder!
Oct 17, 2006
Southern California
It's normal behavior for goldfish, but excessive "throwing up" can signal a gill fluke infestation. Check for white bugs in your fish's gills by watching carefully as they breathe and eat. If they're clear, just count it as normal behavior.
This is why I recommend that fishkeepers spend a few minutes each day just watching their fish. When you have a solid idea of the normal behavior patterns for your fish, it's easy to spot something unusual.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store