New Clownfish help

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

AC2020x

AC Members
Dec 31, 2008
State College, PA
I have 1 occelaris clownfish that I got about 2 days ago. Personally I think I rushed the acclimation a little but not too too much. The clown stays pretty much in the upper corners of the tank though will swim up and down around the side of the tank. I have fed it some Mysis and some flake food, and he seems to go for the food but only if its right floating on the water above him or in front of him. He hasn't really explored inside the rocks at all like my damsel did before I got rid of him. Is this normal? Anything I can do to make him better?
Thanks!!!

Reefscape

I shoot people with a Canon
Staff member
Nov 8, 2006
Staffordshire, UK
seethroughmylens.co.uk
Real Name
Blinky
Seems pretty normal too me...They do sometimes take a good few days too settle into a new tank, before they start exploring around...I would just monitor and ensure it recieves food...I think all will be fine..

TropicalNorth

Bligh..The Demander Of Attention..
Jun 9, 2006
North Queensland, Australia
Yeah sounds normal to me too. Clowns pretty much never go right into the rocks, they prefer to stay out in the open water. It'll travel further for food once it has settled into the tank, right now it's probably in 'cautious' mode.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store