Did I hurt my pleco?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

7itanium

AC Members
Jan 31, 2009
Spokane, WA
I was trying to net my pleco today and I almost had him and I accidentally pinched him between the glass and the side of the net (the plastic part)...

I feel really bad, and he didnt wanna be caught so I ended up just leaving him where he is...

there are no visible marks on him, but he seemed really freaked out and went and hid under his favorite rock...

anything I should do or just wait it out?

I have experience treating disease and pretty much anything else you could immagine-- but I have honestly never had an injured fish, especially one that I hurt-- I feel horribly

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Even if you suspect damage and have'nt seen it, water changes can never hurt to help in mending.

7itanium

AC Members
Jan 31, 2009
Spokane, WA
Even if you suspect damage and have'nt seen it, water changes can never hurt to help in mending.
I acctually just did one this morning.... maybe another one tomorrow then?

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Sounds fair to me.

7itanium

AC Members
Jan 31, 2009
Spokane, WA
Sounds fair to me.
Thanks for the advice.. I just checked on him again and he seems fine to me-- but im gonna play it safe just to be sure-- after all I cant really get that good of a view of him (hes in my cichlid tank.. LOTS of caves)

Kashta

Always Niko's fault.....
Jun 24, 2008
USA West Coast
Real Name
Susan
Oh, I hope he's okay. I'd worry about the poor fish too, so I know how you must feel. But it was an accident and he'll probably be just fine. At least the early signs seem promising, so that's great. Fish are so resilient.

stezatois

AC Members
May 11, 2008
Staffordshire, UK
plecos are armoured so chances are you didnt do any damage... i hate netting plecs lol they always seem to stick to the net so these days i just jug them out

bazil323

AC Members
May 1, 2008
Wisconsin
Hope he's okay! I can relate; I accidentally smacked one of my diamond tetras against the top frame when I was netting it. I'm not sure if there was any damage since they all look pretty much the same and I can't be sure which it was. All I know is that they all seem healthy and fine after 2 months. Although, one does have a wierd jaw. It looks almost a little twisted. He must be feeding okay, though, to have lived so long and still be healthy looking.

Like someone already said, plecos are armored, so he's likely fine maybe a little freaked out.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store