30 Gallon Stocking Ideas?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

black_sun

I'm a crayfish in disguise...
Jun 26, 2008
New Jersey
One of my 30 gallon tanks is going to be empty soon. It's currently housing my hybrid crayfish offspring and various feeders, but they're just about all sold now. So, I'm going to be left with an empty tank that I don't really want to break-down and store.

I was wondering if anyone had any stocking ideas for it. I may still break it down, so nothing is definite at the moment and nothing is happening for a few weeks at least.

Anyway, I recently bought some little loaches and I really like them. Maybe there's some larger species that I could get or a few small species that could co-exist together?

But aside from loaches... eh, I don't know what else I'd add. Any ideas?

black_sun

Jun 26, 2008
New Jersey
tetras, cories, danios what are interested in?
Hmm, tetras... I used to have Neons, maybe I could get a big school of them? I don't know what I want though, haha, I'm really more an invert keeper. I don't know what to even look at to browse through for small tanks, in terms of fish at least :rolleyes:

evelyn80

Guru at procrastinating
Aug 10, 2008
in your house!!
u could do 20 neons or smaller tetras/rasboras or 15 larger tetras and 5 cories(cories are always fun!) that would neat

severum mama

is a big bowl of wrong.
Dec 30, 2006
North GA
Pearl gourami trio (1m/2F), and a school of harlequin rasboras, like maybe 10. You could choose some peaceful loaches like khulis for bottom dwellers, and have a nice Asian-themed tank. IMO it would look great! :)

black_sun

Jun 26, 2008
New Jersey
Pearl gourami trio (1m/2F), and a school of harlequin rasboras, like maybe 10. You could choose some peaceful loaches like khulis for bottom dwellers, and have a nice Asian-themed tank. IMO it would look great! :)
Oo, that sounds really neat!

smoochxoxo

AC Members
Jun 15, 2008
NY
Ohh I like the gourami/rasbora/loach idea, that would sure look sharp for you!
Very cool! I will have to consider that myself, I will have the gourami/loach part just have to look into the rasbora.
Great thread!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store