Getting down to business...

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

enrique4jc

AC Members
Oct 17, 2006
Russell Springs, KY
Real Name
Eric
Okay guys. So I've had a few plants going for a few months now. Setup is 29 gallons with 65 watts of light, Penguin Biowheel Filter, temp around 80 degrees. Sand substrate with driftwood. Current plants are:

-Anacharis
-Microsword
-Amazon Swords
-Anubias Nana
-Sunset Hygro

I have more plants coming soon from MG when I get my order worked out.

Right now lights are on a timer from 4:30pm-10:30pm, so that's 6 hours per day. Dosing Flourish Excel daily. What else would you recommend for me to have a healthy and beautiful planted aquarium?

gmh

AC Members
Feb 5, 2007
Santa Barbara area
I'd up the lighting to 8 hours and see how that goes. Root tabs should help the sword and dosing liquid ferts like Flourish or Kent Freshwater should also be beneficial.

enrique4jc

AC Members
Oct 17, 2006
Russell Springs, KY
Real Name
Eric
I'd up the lighting to 8 hours and see how that goes. Root tabs should help the sword and dosing liquid ferts like Flourish or Kent Freshwater should also be beneficial.
I'm already dosing Flourish Excel regularly. What other liquid ferts would you recommend?

FlyinFoodieGuy

AC Members
Feb 24, 2009
I was wondering after reading this thread, what the consensus is on photoperiod duration? I have my lights on for like 10 hours a day. Is that too much?

Mgamer20o0

BobsTropicalPlants.com
Staff member
Jun 4, 2003
www.bobstropicalplants.com
personally i dont recommend any liquid ferts unless you like to waste your money. pfetz prob the best out there flourish is common but your paying a lot of water. what i do is buy dry ferts and make my own liquid. its simele and saves a lot of money. the pack of ferts will last you a year or longer and would be cheaper for the most part then a month or two worth of floruish.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store